N Scale MLW FPA-4
The FPA-4 an FPB-4 are unique to CN, combining the rugged looks of the FPA-2 with the reliability of the Alco 251 prime mover. They were delivered from Montreal Locomotive Works over two orders in 1958 and 1959 and soldiered on Canadian and American mainlines until 1989. Following retirement, the FPA-4 and FPB-4 locomotives were given new life on tourist railroads across the United States. Many are still in service today.
This Special Run produced by Rapido exclusively for Prairie Shadows Model Railway Co, includes an accurate Alco FA locomotive nose created from a 3D scan of locomotive #6765, at Exporail, Canada’s national train museum.
- DC (DCC-Ready with 6-pin quick plug) or DCC/Sound installed
- DC models will accept a Digitrax DZ126IN decoder
- Sounds recorded from the real FPA-4 number 6764
- Exceptional detailing including factory installed grab irons and MU hoses
- Optional modeler applied cab sunshades
- 100% accurate dimensions taken from 3D scans of the prototype
- Full cab interior on the A unit
- Multiple road numbers plus unnumbered units in most schemes
- ESU Loksound decoders loaded with original sounds
- Micro-Trains couplers
- FPA 4 decoder sheet.pdf 96.53 KB